Updated: Feb 16
Step 1: keep your look and voice consistent
Maintaining a consistent look and voice across your photos and videos is important to build your brand on Instagram. Keep your look and voice consistent with these 4 tips: Feature color schemes you already have.
As an example look at this Instagram theme created by @ernestas_auskalnis
Take a closer look at the aesthetic you’ve already created for your business on and off Instagram. If you feature a specific color scheme in your physical products, logo, website or physical store, incorporate that palette throughout your posts.
♡ Use a consistent color palette across photos and videos.
For example, take a look at how @karolindream features blue hues through her grid. You can even use the eyedrop tool in stories to get colors that match your products.
You can also check out the @endlessfollow website and buy their amazing PRESETS!
♡ Take photos and videos that have a consistent theme.
Think about how you can take photos or videos in a very distinct way so that your community recognizes your posts right away. For instance, you can regularly post bird-eye shots or share before and after shots.
Step 2: Plan your content calendar in 5 steps
Creating content consistently can feel challenging, especially if you are already busy running your business. Planning your posts and stories in advance with a content calendar can help with this.
Take a look at this sample content calendar that a restaurant created.
In the content, the calendar identifies overarching themes.
Think about the type of posts you want your business to share, like behind-the-scenes coverage or product shots. This way, you can remember to incorporate those themes through your photos and videos.
Compose your captions ahead of sharing your content.
This way, you can just copy and paste the caption when the time comes to share your post or story. Don’t forget to include hashtags to reach more people.
Step 3: Create a DIY photo studio
Here are things that you can consider including at your in-home studio:
• A backdrop. You could use a piece of fabric or even just a piece of white paper to make the subject of your shot stand out.
• A light, like a ring light, or natural light from a window. Having ample lighting can enhance the quality of the photo.
• Props. Items that can complement your products in your photos and videos, such as a vase if you are taking photos of flowers.
• A reflector. Material for reflecting light onto a subject, like a piece of metal or fabric. Reflectors can be used to enhance the light on a subject. You can even create a reflector at home using aluminum foil on a piece of poster board.
• A camera. You can use your phone or even a DSLR camera.
• A tripod for your camera or phone. You can prop your phone up against a wall or buy a tripod to stabilize your photos.